Records Clerk – Ms. Micki Lipscomb
The Records Division is responsible for releasing criminal incident reports and traffic accident reports to certain individuals as well as performing record checks (background checks)
Office hours – Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. til 5:00 p.m. (Closed for lunch 12:00 p.m. until 1:00 p.m.)
Frequently asked questions;
Is there a charge for police reports?
A fee of $5 is charged for Accident reports. A victim of a crime is not charged for an Incident/Offense report. A member of the public who is not a crime victim will be charged the $5 report fee for a copy of page one of the Incident/Offense report only!
Is anyone entitled to view any Incident/Offense police report?
Page one of the Incident/Offense report is classified as public information. As stated on the Alabama Uniform Incident/Offense Report form “An Officer’s Work Product May Not Be Public Information.” Due to classified information, the investigative work product, or personal information on the part of witnesses, suspects, victims, or under age personal information, etc. is restricted.
Is an Arrest report available to the arrestee?
No. A person arrested that is pending the scheduled court date is not provided an arrest report. Their attorney may request the report by filing for a “Discovery” with the court for the report. The officer’s work product or in other words the narrative to the report is not provided. The officer’s work product is the officer’s court testimony. An arrestee has the opportunity to speak before the judge at the scheduled court appearance. The judge makes his ruling based on the evidence presented to him at the time of trial.
- The release of police reports are based on certain criteria. Please contact the records clerk with your request.
- The records clerk does not have the records pertaining to traffic tickets issued. Please refer any traffic ticket questions to the Jacksonville Municipal Court Magistrate at email@example.com.
- Questions concerning background arrest history should be directed to the records clerk.
- The records clerk cannot conduct an arrest background history through the N.C.I.C. The records clerk can only verify an arrest history on file with the Jacksonville Alabama Police Department.
- The records clerk cannot conduct a driver history through the State of Alabama.
The Department provides limited fingerprinting services for those citizens who require prints for job applications or other agencies. Fingerprinting services are available every day Monday thru Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The cost for each fingerprint card is $10.00. Citizens will be required to display a government issued identification before obtaining fingerprints. The I.D must have a photo on it!
Contact Information –
Jacksonville Police Department
Records Section – Ms. Lipscomb
911 Public Safety Dr SW
Jacksonville, AL 36265
Office – (256) 435-6448
FAX – (256) 435-1075